Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poliwog Poliwog is offline

Default Form Trouble

Thank you!

I needed much more confusion in my life. I should'a done the original
in FileMaker. (No one can use Access.) Oh well...

Les

On Jan 25, 8:45 pm, Jay Freedman wrote:
On the Developer tab, near the right end, the Protect Document button
opens the task pane. That's the hard way.

In the Word Options Customize dialog, select Commands Not In the
Ribbon and add the Protect Document item from that list to the QAT.
Clicking that button (whose icon is unfortunately an anonymous green
circle) brings up a much smaller dialog where you can just
double-click the Forms item to turn on Forms protection. It's only a
little more cumbersome than the old lock item instead of a lot more
cumbersome.

Part of the reason this stuff has become so hard is that protected
forms are now the Old Way. Try making some forms using the new Content
Controls instead. One big advantage is that you can protect small
pieces of the form -- as little as one field -- without adding section
breaks or making the rest of the document nearly unusable.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On 25 Jan 2007 16:25:42 -0800, "Poliwog" wrote:

Hello!

I have a template for a form which I originally created on an old Mac
version of Word. I converted it to a Word XP version a few years ago,
and it worked fine under Word 2003. I just went to use it in Word 2007,
and I can't find the Lock button to put me in the first field and allow
me to tab through the remaining fields in order. Where's the blasted
lock? Or do I have to do something else?

Les