Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 2007 headings do not match the 2003 headings

I have been asked not to post to this newsgroup any more. Someone
calling himself "Gordon Bentley-Mix" presumably considers himself more
qualified to speak on questions concerning fonts. Note, however, that
he has given wrong advice (and apologized) three times in less than a
week.

However, invoking a "grandfather clause":

If Lucida Handwriting was not installed in your old computer, then
what you were seeing in your Word documents there was whatever Word
thought was the closest match, and you can find out what that was by
looking at the "Font Substitutions" panel. (I can't tell you exactly
where it was in 2003; in 2007, it's under the Word Options at the
bottom of the Office Button panel. Word Options Advanced just
above the heading "Display.")

The Lucida family of fonts is freeware, so if it's not installed, you
should be able to download it easily -- just google, say, lucida font
download.

Presumably it appears in your document because once, long ago, you
received the document from someone else who had used the font.

On Feb 5, 11:13*am, BBG wrote:
Hopefully, I am getting closer. I checked the heading that seems to be the
problem. On both on and new it is using "Lucida Handwriting 14". On the 2003
computer, itv is not listed under control panel-Fonts. However, it is listed
on the new computer under control panel- fonts. Is there another place on
the old computer that would have it, or do you think it is not really using
this font on the new computer (as it looks like bar coade)

"grammatim" wrote:
First things first. Does the new computer have all the fonts that the
old computer did?

If it doesn't, there's no way to get the styles to match.

The styles are in your old template(s). Just move it/them to the new
machine. (XP or Vista?)

On Jan 23, 7:25 pm, BBG wrote:
It is a new computer with 2007. Is there a way to transfer the style
definitions? The funny thing is, we have had about 8 computers here over the
past 4 years running Word 2003 and we have never had any issues with these
files between the computers.

"grammatim" wrote:
The style definitions are specific to each document. If you're on the
same computer, presumably you still have all the same fonts installed
(plus the new fonts starting with C that came with 2007)?

BTW if that's a real example, I'm surprised that a handwriting font
_has_ an italic variant; that could be a source of a problem.

On Jan 23, 10:11 am, BBG wrote:
When I open a document in 2007 that I created in 2003, all of my headings are
wrong. As an example, Heading 6 of 2003 was "Lucida Handwriting, 16, Blue,
italic" and in the new 2007 it is shows up as a barcode. Can someone tell me
the EASIEST way to have them open correctly without going through every file
and changing one by one?--