Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default text select in table

Shift+End, selects everything to the end of the line. In the case of a
single line, or the last line, of text in the cell of a table, "everything"
includes the end of cell marker, and including that marker in the selection
causes the whole cell to be selected.

I realise that it is not what you want, but that is the way it works. The
only way around it is to use the mouse to do the selecting.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello. If I have a line of text in a document, place the cursor in the
middle of the line, and hit shift-end, it selects the text from the
cursor to the end of the line, leaving unselected the text before the
cursor. If I do the same thing inside a table cell, it always selects
all the text in the cell which isn't what I want. Is there a way to
make it stop doing that?

Thanks,
Irwin