Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klam

Default Query Option to recognize date

Hi Doug,

Thx a mint for your reply.

I agree that another column would be easier, but the fundamental problem
remains even if I use Conditional Formatting: what is the formula to get it
to recognize the date/populate a new cell with a "Yes" if the "Outcome"
column is equal to a date?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Karen

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Easier to add another column to the spreadsheet in which populated the cells
with an Excel formula that will provide a yes/no type result that will be
easier to use as a condition in the mailmerge process.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"klam" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have an Excel spreadsheet where one column, "Outcome" is set as Date
format (dd-mmm). This column contains different dates or text. I only
want
the rows with dates in this column to be in the mail merge.

Under Mail Merge Helper I choose Query Options but don't know to get it to
recognize just the ones with dates. Separately, I have tried things like:
Outcome equal to "**-***", **-***, **"-"***, {dd-mmm}, dd-mmm but no mail
merge happens as "no data records matched".

Anyone know what the "compare to" should be for this Query Option?

(Using Word 2000 on XP) Thx for any suggestions.

cheers,
karen