Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default what causes a vertical line to appear in Word?

You may have inadvertently inserted a bar tab. Go to Format | Tabs and check
on this; clear it if necessary.

"Anxious Learner" Anxious wrote in
message ...
I am using microsoft office word 2003. I was formatting a letter and
attempted to establish what I think is a center tab to line up the right
half of the text. I tried several things. I ended up with faint vertical
lines on several lines of text of the letter. Why? How do I get rid of

them?