Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Default Exam question wrong about Word? Opinions, please!

The bullet _characters_ are different. Look at the proportion of
space within the characters --

Physical representations of small glyphs are limited by the number of pixels
available. Examined closely the proportions *cannot* be exactly the same,
but the two bullets in the picture are the same character. As already said I
can reproduce this easily with a simple change of font size.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:04:54 +0100 from Jamie Furlong
:
I had an exam in which the following question was asked:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...L2_602_q22.png
(You may need to "click the pic" to make it full size)

There were 4 questions, but as we were under exam conditions, I had to

do a
rather clandestine screen dump to the fileserver, so I didn't get the

other
two options, but there were regarding alignment, I think "paragraph
alignment" and "indent". Definitely nothing to do with it.

So, we are left with "font" and "font size".
Definitely not font. But not font size either! So, I called an

invigilator
over. She scratched her head, and along came another one.
Eventually, they said "skip that question, see us after".
So, I was sent to the the Office expert, who said "Ah, this is font -

the
font size is different".

The bullet _characters_ are different. Look at the proportion of
space within the characters -- the third one is definitely not simply
a shrunken version of the first two.

Either they are two different dingbats from the same font, or they're
from different fonts and may or may not be the same character number.
There might _also_ be a font-size difference, but that's not the
primary problem.

But unless you forgot to tell us one of the possible answers, it was
a particularly stupid question for an exam.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/