Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2007 - Styles - Create icon style

A style can't include an icon _as a picture_ but you can define a
"bullet list" style in which the bullet is anything you want. Here are
the steps:

- In the Home ribbon, click the tiny button in the bottom right corner
of the Styles group (or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) to open the Styles
task pane.

- At the bottom of the task pane, click the left button ("New Style").

- In the dialog, assign a name to the new style. Set the "Based on"
dropdown to "List Bullet". Click the Format button and choose
Numbering.

- In the Numbering dialog, click the Bullets tab. If you don't want to
use any of the default set, click the Define New Bullet button. There
you have your choice of Symbols (from fonts you have) or Picture (more
built-in defaults, or any picture file you have by clicking Import).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On 10 Mar 2007 11:00:12 -0800, wrote:

I'm using Word 2007. I know how to make paragraph styles that are
just text. I'm trying to make a style that contains an icon and also
text. I'd prefer to text to be next to the icon, but if it is under
the icon that is ok. I tried creating a frame with a picture icon that
I wanted inside the frame, but I could not get it to work. I also
tried new style, format | frame and that did not work either. Any
help would be appreciated.