Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BJ BJ is offline

Default MailMerge Save Error

I have two Word 2007 documents. Doc1 is the datasource table with all the
mail merge info stored in it. Doc2 is the actual doucment that it merges
into. When I edit the recipient list from Doc2 prior to the mail merge and
delete the intended recipients all works well. But when I go to save Doc2
and also Doc1 it says Doc1 is read only and won't save any changes I made to
my table. The files are on a network share. When I load them both to my
desktop they work fine. It's almost as if there is a bug that opens Doc1 as
read only when on network share. Any suggestions?