Daiya Mitchell

You should be able to put a {{Page} +1} field in the footer. I'm not very
good with field math--see #3 or #4 here for examples that you can follow.
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm

Re the last page, see also he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Conditiona...rs_Footers.htm
You may need to use that for all pages, not sure.

For the first page, use a first-page header.

Be aware you cannot type field braces, but must always hit ctrl-F9 to enter
them.

On 9/5/05 11:55 PM, "Krish" wrote:

We have a system in our office whereby, in all documents, many of which are
rather long, the page number appears at the top-centre of each page
(excepting the first page), and the following page's number appears at the
right-hand bottom of each page (except on the last page of the document). For
instance, on page 2 of a long document, the number "2" will appear at the
top-centre, and the number "3" will appear at the right-bottom of the page.
This kind of numbering was easily possible in MS Word 6.0 for DOS - through
(page) macro for page number, and (nextpage) macro for next page number, both
available in the standard macro library. However, in Word 2003, there is no
equivalent of (nextpage) macro available in the standard built-in fields. I
now have, therefore, to resort to Section Breaks, individually for each
document, a cumbersome process. Is there a way out - either through fields,
or macros, in Word 2003?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/