Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default add spellcheck in a locked form

Um, I don't know how it works for you, because all it does for me is throw
compiler errors. That's because you left out the "ActiveDocument." qualifier
from the beginning of each line (or "With ActiveDocument" at the start and
"End With" at the end, and you still need the dots before the method names).
And when you correct that, the only part of the form it spell-checks is the
text that isn't in the form fields, which is pretty useless.

Most of the complications in the macro on the MVP site are there because
they're needed. If you never open the form in Word 97 you can simplify it a
bit; and if the form document has only one section you can simplify some
more, but nothing like this three-line macro is going to do the job.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Billie wrote:
Hi,

Try this - it seems to work for me in Word 2003.

You need to create a new macro that unprotects the sheet to allow for
spellcheck only:

Sub Spell_Check()
Unprotect Password:="yourpassword"
CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
Protect Password:="yourpassword"
End Sub

Hope it helps.
Billie.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm.
Yes, it should be easier than that, but it isn't.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

agates wrote:
I create several of forms in word for our staff. Is there a way
that you can spell check in a field that is in a locked form. The
spell check under tools is not availabe when the form is locked.