Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Password error from Word2003 to Word2007

Hi Lorenz,

I raised both the original password issue, and the hotfix variable issue
separately on "Connect" (connect.microsoft.com). The IDs are 452381, and
458719, respectively; they say they are publicly viewable but whether that
really means public, or just MVPs, I'm not sure (I haven't really got to
grips with Connect yet). They promise to review issues within five working
days but have not yet responded to either, which is rather disappointing.

To my mind the second issue is by far the more serious in that it is 'silent
but deadly' (you get no indication it has happened until you've already lost
your data). Form protection passwords can be removed and nothing is lost,
and only a limited number of users are affected. I can only hope they are
working hard to solve this issue.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Lorenz Hölscher" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

Tony Jollans schrieb:
I have done some testing on this and it does appear that the hotfix is
causing the destruction of document variables. I will raise the issue
with
Microsoft and report back when I have more information.

did you succeed in discussing the issue with MS? "My" company needs to
solve this problem (no more form field documents world-wide for them!)
and will escalate the problem to MS. Is there something like a ticket
number or a we-know-the-problem-and-are-thinking-about-it-message or
even an announcement of a second hotfix?

Thanks,
Lorenz