Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default entering data

But when you get to the bottom of the column, the selection will not be
moved to the top of the next column as is what happens with the macro when
the tab key is used to move the selection.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
I am sorry if this is too obvious but you do know that you can use the down
arrow, right?

"afdmello" wrote:

Thank you Robbins for the effort and I truly appreciate your time and
help.
Unfortunately, I know nothing about VBA and will have to start learning
it.

Afd
Insert the following macro into your normal.dot (or dotm) template and
it
will hijack the use of the tab key in a table
so that it does what you want:

Sub NextCell()
'
' NextCell Macro
' Moves to the next table cell
' Modified by Doug Robbins to move to the next cell in the column
before
moving to
'the next column
With Selection.Tables(1)
If Selection.Information(wdEndOfRangeRowNumber) .Rows.Count
Then
Selection.MoveDown
ElseIf Selection.Information(wdEndOfRangeColumnNumber) _
.Columns.Count Then
.Cell(1, Selection.Information(wdEndOfRangeColumnNumber) + _
1).Select
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart
Else
MsgBox "You have reached the end of the table."
End If
End With

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"afdmello" wrote in message
Is there a keyboard shortcut to go to the lower row when entering data
in
table
the tab key moves the cursor to the next horizontal cell.

Afd