Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Track Changes: how to show only relevant final changes?

Hi Ben,

Which version of Word is this?

FWIW, I generally don't see this, as long as Word is recognizing me as
the same author... But you could change your initials and user name in
Tools/Options/User Info for a "final" session. Then you can choose to
display changes only for that author?

I'm a translator using Track Changes for correction of clients' texts
already written in the target language, in this case English. To give
to the client and for my own records, I want 1) a copy of the final
corrected document and 2) a copy of the original showing all my
insertions and deletions. In general, no problem. But... using Track
Changes, if I delete a "the" then change my mind and type it in again,
the marked version shows both the inserted "the" and the deleted "the".
Can I do anything to prevent this happening? I mean to say that both
for the client and for my own records, what's of interest are my FINAL
changes with respect to the client's original.

[Yes, I know I can manually resolve this using Accept Insertion and
Accept Deletion of the word in question, but this is tedious. Also, I
know this problem doesn't always arise (for example, it doesn't arise
if I undo a change, rather than retyping)... but in a complex editing
process I will often retype rather than use undo.]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org