Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Mergefields

If would look something like this:

{ if {mergefield City}= "" "the world" "{mergefield city}"}

Note that {} are not braces you type, but are inserted by pressing Ctrl+F9.
You can create most of this field using the Insert Word Field tool in the
Mail Merge toolbar, but you'd need to add the {mergefield city} part between
the last two quotes, manually.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Island Girl" wrote in message
How would I insert a mergefield that says if the "city" field is blank,
then
"the world." I don't really have such a problem, but I'm just trying to
get
the hang of this situation. I was just flying through other mergefield
practice moments, but I got some sort of block on this one.

Thank you--again!