Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Change icon when customizing Quick Access Toolbar commands

Hi Kaytee,

Unfortunately, for the 'I don't have a picture so here's a green ball' [actually it's the 'green light' from a traffic
light/dashboard status indicator] commands that are in MS Office 2007 there isn't a provision for customizing the graphic that will
stick when the command is used on the QAT.

For now it seems that folks are expected to using grouping (adding separator bars), location pm the QAT and the 'badges' [what
Microsoft has named 'tooltips'] that appear when you mouse over a command to 'just know' what those green lights are are.

A workaround for putting commands if you're using the QAT, so that
'we don't need no stinking badges' g, is to create a macro that runs the same command you want to add, as you can choose for
macros any of of the other 180 built in icons to put on the command.

"kaytee" wrote in message ...
When I add certain commands to the Quick Access Toolbar, they appear with a green circle -- how can I change the icon picture like I
could in Word 2003 so each icon is a distinct picture?