Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] erniewyles@hotmail.com is offline

Default Form field in conditional statement

Sure thing. We create documents from a database and populate areas of our
documents via bookmarks. Well, what I hope to do is have a bookmark
populate, and if there's no data for populating then instead create a form
text field. This way, by protecting the document, the user can easily
navigate to the unpopulated fields and fill them out manually.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Ernie,

No. Perhaps if you tell us what you're trying to achieve someone can suggest a suitable approach.

--
Cheers
macropod

" wrote in message
Can a form field be used as one of the outputs of a conditional statement.

Example, if a certain field = y then type y, else insert form field.