Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barnet Barnet is offline

Default Newbie macro help please

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your time. From what I can tell, the other posters believe you've
come up with an answer to the question.

However, this being a newbie forum, and I myself being a newbie...

....well, I am utterly lost by the answer you've provided!

I tried Developer Tab -- Macros -- Edit and then pasted the code in the
box that came up. But nothing seemed to happen when I tried the shortcut keys.

Would you be kind enough to help me understand your answer, and how to
execute it?

Thanks very much,

Barnet

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use:

Dim prange As Range
With ActiveDocument
Set prange = .Sections(1).Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range
.Fields.Add Range:=prange, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, Text:="page"
prange.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphCenter
End With

If you want the page number on the right, replace wdAlignParagraphCenter
with wdAlignParagraphRight, similarly for left.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP