Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default New Installation of Office 2003 OEM in Vista is a mess

If the Office is an OEM edition, presumably it came installed on your
system. And you upgraded the system from XP to Vista, then reinstalled
Office? If you installed an OEM version of Office from a different computer
onto a new one, then that could be the source of your problems.

"Rich/rerat" wrote in message
Valentin,
"Consequences:
2. Big deal: every time I open an Office app., a window pops up:
"MS Office End-User License Agreement. If you don't accept, this
application will quit". After clicking "Accept" the application opens,
but...

You need to Logon with an Administrator acct, and open Outlook, or another
Office application. Then accept the User End License.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Valentin" wrote in message
1.Installation as such went pretty normal
2. Installed all available updates including SP3
3. Activation - OK

Some of the consequences after installation:
1.Network printers stopped working (no big deal)
2. Big deal: every time I open an Office app., a window pops up:
"MS Office End-User License Agreement. If you don't accept, this
application will quit". After clicking "Accept" the application opens,
but...
3. When I write a short test sentence, save the document, close and then
open I see _many_ garbled chunks of text, but not the sentence I saved.
4. Did the "Repair" and later "Change" in Add/Remove Programs - no change.

I wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling Office would change anything,
and
what about the activation (again)?
Besides I'm not sure about the cause of the problems: maybe it's Vista and
not Office.
Some tips would be appreciated.

Toshiba Satellite A205 Notebook
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T525 @ 1.50 GHz 1.50 GHz