Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How does Word decide what name to use when saving new documents? (2007)

If you'd read the entire thread, you'd see that I've long since added
Advanced Document Properties to the QAT and recommended it to the OP. I had
forgotten about Prepare, however. Since I have so far not gotten far enough
into Word 2007 to actually save or print any documents (except a couple Word
2003 format ones that I chickened out and printed from Word 2003), I haven't
had a lot of use for Prepare. g

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Suzanne,

In addition to being able to right click on
Office Button=Prepare=Properties to add the basic
Properties/Information panel to the Quick Access bar, you can choose to
add to
the Quick Access Toolbar
'Advanced Document Properties'
from the All Commands list in
Office Button=Word Options=Customize for the old style Properties
dialog.

The Document Information panel's capabilities can extend quite a bit
beyond what the old 'properties' dialog did and can be setup to
ask for quite a bit of information, often for SharePoint library work or
for collaboration. I suspect that in part the old Word
setting may have interfered with being able to rely on the new information
requests 'getting thru' when something is automated, but
it's a guess.

==============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Same here. And I have used Word 2007 so little that I know I haven't done
anything weird. But the way I found this in the first place was from an
article in Herb Tyson's Word 2007 Bible blog at
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...-in-word-2007/,
which tells how to make the Document Information panel display at Open and
initial Save; unfortunately, I don't consider this a satisfactory
alternative to "Prompt for document properties," either.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP