Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Vmljaw==?=,

The following did not work because the merged field is formatted as numeric
and needs to be tested as 3 (or a specific number). The original merged
field appears as

{Mergefield "v1Mean"\# ##0.##}

So I am trying to format the above merged field in bold if the number
(v1Mean) is greater than 3.

What Gregy showed you works when I test it with your numerical switch, and
take away the "quotes" around the 3. You also need to insert spaces between
the various parts of the equation (see below). Sometimes, Word cares whether
something is textual or numeric; but most of the time it doesn't matter.

{ IF { Test \# "##0.##" } 3 "{ Test \# "##0.##" \* Charformat }" "{ Test \#

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org