Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Õpilane[_2_] Õpilane[_2_] is offline

Default Matrix formatting

I got it! Thank You very much!!!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 05:52:00 -0700, Õpilane
wrote:

How can I create ( or format ) 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 matrix in Word 2003? I Hope
You understand, what I ask - I do not speak English well.

Look in the Insert Object dialog. If "Microsoft Equation 3.0" is in
the list, select it and click OK. If it is not in the list, you can
install it by running the Office installer again, choosing a custom
installation, and selecting the Equation Editor from the Office Tools
group.

When the Equation Editor is visible, there is a floating toolbar with
"templates" or placeholders for various kinds of mathematical
expressions. The templates for matrix expressions are the rightmost
group in the bottom row. Click the matrix group and choose the size
you want, then fill in the placeholders.

If you need to use the Equation Editor often, you can add a button to
a toolbar to start it.
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm
explains how to do it; the command you need is the InsertEquation
command in the All Commands category.

If you need more mathematical expressions than the Equation Editor can
produce, try the MathType product at http://www.mathtype.com.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman