Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Simple table calculation: Excel or ???

I need to put a cost estimate table in a Word (2007) document. The
table has 2 columns and a variable number of rows:

Hours Activity
7 Travel
21 Design
15 Review
43 Total hours
$3,225 Total cost

The next to last row has the total hours in column 1.

I would like the value in the last row, column 1, to be the product of
the total hours (cell just above) and some rate ($75 in the example).

I can get the both the sum and the product to work in a fixed table. I
put "=sum(above)" in cell A5 and "=A5*75" in cell A6.

The problem comes if I add (or delete) a row. The sum still works, but
the product has a hard cell reference.

Can I make it a relative cell reference?

If not, can I put in an Excel table instead that I can change in Word?