Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
bobt bobt is offline

Default How do you create a formula from cells in multiple tables?

Should be simple enough:

Table1
1
2
{=SUM(ABOVE)} result is 3

Table2
4
5
{=SUM(ABOVE) + (first_column_first_table)} result would be 12 (3 + 4 + 5)

The steps:

1. Highlight each cell you want to reference (one at a time) and INSERT |
BOOKMARK. I think you've already done this.

2. Where you want to pull the values into (i.e. the target) you simply need
to insert the bookmark name. I put my bookmark - first_column_first_table -
in parenthesis but they aren't required.

Don't forget to trigger an update of the fields to see the final answers (in
case you've since changed numbers that the formulas are dependant upon).
Highlight the formula cell then right mouse click on the selected text and
choose Update Field.

"Marilyn75287" wrote:

I have a form that Im working with for my manager and Im having problems
with the formulas. I can get formulas within a table but I have 10 tables and
need to sum and average information from all 10 tables. I can do this within
each table but am having trouble calculating cells from multiple tables.

Ive assigned bookmarks to the fields that I want to reference but am still
stuck.

Can someone help with this? Please know that I'm not an IT person so if you
could be as simple as possible I would appreciate it!