Tom

I knew absolutely nothing about IME (still don't, nearly) until about
10 minutes ago, 'cos your post aroused my curiosity. So I went surfing
& discovered the following which might (or might not) help:-
If you've installed IME 5.02, it is not supported on your
Windows/Office version combination - see
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...e/install.mspx.

That link goes on to say, "Office XP users must instead install the
Global IMEs for Office XP", and provides the following link -
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/as...347361033.aspx
You may have already gone down that track, in which case my newly
acquired & previously empty knowledge base can be of no further
assistance.
:-)