Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Different hearders within the same document

What you were told was both (a) incomplete and (b) not entirely correct.

a. Inserting a section break doesn't change anything; it merely makes change
possible. In order to effect the change, you have to put different content
into the header/footer of one section or another. But before you can do
this, you must unlink the header/footer in the second section from the ones
in the first section, using the Same as Previous or Link to Previous button
on the Header and Footer toolbar. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

b. It is possible to vary the content of headers and footers without section
breaks using the StyleRef field; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

"Samuel Shulman" wrote in message
Hi All

I was advised that if I want to have a different header from a given
location within the document I should insert a Section Break which I did

but
the headers are still the same throughout the document

Thank you,
Samuel Shulman