Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Running up against the limit in Excel 2003

Are you preparing multiple reports from the data or is it just one report?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AndyC812" wrote in message
My application has multiple tabs and generates a 7-9 page report in Word
using 250 merge fields. Not all the fields are used in all the reports,
but
I'm running out of room. Others have suggested CSV also, but can I
automate
it as well (generate the CSV from Excel and "Send it" to the proper merge
template and do a "Merge to New Document" and perhaps even rename the
resulting file.

Thanks!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I find it hard to imagine a mail merge that needs that many fields.
However, if you do need to exceed the 255 column limit of Excel, you can
use
a .csv file as the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AndyC812" wrote in message
I have created an application in Excel that collects data for eventual
merging into a Word mail merge document. It is so large that I am
running
out of columns in Excel for new merge fields (I am using 250 of
possible
255). My question - is there a better way to get my data fields from
Excel
into Word (CSV file, XML?) ? Can this be automated?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Andy