Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Weyana Weyana is offline

Default Can't figure how to Automatically fill in frequently typed phr

On the contrary--I was able to make it work. We have our own shared server
at home, on which I store my work so that I can have access whether I'm on my
desktop or my laptop. My Word 2003 Normal.dot is saved to this network.

What that article is indicating is that multiple users cannot use a shared
Normal template concurrently, because the user who opened it first would have
write-access, and any changes that another user made to the Auto-Correct
entries or anything else would be lost.

I'm the only one using it, I just access it from different computers. But
it's perfectly compatible with 2007--I just had to find the right way share
it.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Weyana wrote:
But so far, every time I have used it, I've had to reload my shared
Normal.dot. It doesn't automatically load when it opens for some
reason. :P Hoping I finally made it stick today.

You cannot share the Normal.dot file
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811468
The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm