Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default "Delivery point barcode" option grayed out in LABELS.

The label must be large enough enough to accommodate the bar code.

However, the bar codes inserted by Word apparently to not conform to the
USPS requirements so they have been deprecated.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"c7sparks" wrote in message
I'm printing address labels from Word 2003 and need delivery point bar
codes
and need to print a full page of same label. The option, for some reason,
is
grayed out whether I create the label from LABELS or via MailMerge. I
could
find no information in MS knowledge base. Tutorials do not address this
problem and troubleshooting sections don't have a category for this. I'm
using Windows XP Pro SP3. What am I missing? I've never needed bar codes
before, so I never noticed whether that option was available before and
just
disappeared or has never been available. Anyway, it's there and I need to
UNgray it so that I can use it. I'm overlooking something simple, right?
Thanx in advance for your help.