WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I change a style from "Hide until used" to show it?

  1. Here's how you can unhide the "Hide until used" style in Microsoft Word:
  2. Open a new or existing Word document.
  3. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. In the "Styles" section of the ribbon, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner to open the "Styles" pane.
  5. In the "Styles" pane, click on the "Options" button in the bottom left corner.
  6. In the "Style Pane Options" dialog box, make sure that the "All styles" option is selected in the "Select styles to show" dropdown menu.
  7. Under "Select how list is sorted," choose "Alphabetical" or "As Recommended" (depending on your preference).
  8. Click the "OK" button to close the "Style Pane Options" dialog box.
  9. Scroll down the list of styles in the "Styles" pane until you find the "Heading 5" style.
  10. Right-click on the "Heading 5" style and select "Modify" from the context menu.
  11. In the "Modify Style" dialog box, click on the "Format" button in the bottom left corner.
  12. Choose "Paragraph" from the dropdown menu.
  13. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, click on the "Line and Page Breaks" tab.
  14. Uncheck the "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" checkbox.
  15. Click the "OK" button to close the "Paragraph" dialog box.
  16. Click the "OK" button to close the "Modify Style" dialog box.

Now the "Heading 5" style should be visible and usable in your document!