Anne Troy

Hi. It sounds to me like you're using line breaks (Shift+Enter) instead of
Paragraph returns to get to the next line in your document? That won't work,
but I could be wrong. See:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Adena Danielle" Adena wrote in message
I am working on a document that has about 35 pages. I have Heading 1
selected as my level one on my TOC. Headings 2, 3, and 4 are all as level
two on my TOC.

When I select a title, like "Electrical", I make it Heading one. Heading
one also is outline numbered, for my TOC. Under the Electrical heading I
want there to be a heading that says "Connectors". I have no problem
selecting the correct heading for certain subchapters. But, this document

is
in a book format. All odd pages are excel spreadsheets and all even pages
are Tiff drawings. So, the "Electrical" heading should have it's page

(for
the dwg) and the following page (for the excel sheet). Everytime I change
the level 2 heading from "normal" to "Heading 2", the page before it, and

the
page after it also change to "Heading 2" even though there is no text on
those pages. Then, when I make my TOC, it lists that heading 2 three

times.
I can't seem to figure out why it does this. I have restarted my document

3
times, and I don't know what to do.