GeorgeMar

Thank you Suzanne.

I will try your suggestion. The issue that I have is that the document is
sent to other people and opened on their computers, some are on the LAN and
some are stand alone.

If the macros and the AutoText are stored in the template, how does one open
the document on another computer? Are you suggesting sending the document as
well as the template? I plead ignorance here!

Many thanks
george

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText can't be stored in documents and it's not a good idea to store the
macros in a document, either, because of the warning they will generate.
Better to store both in a document template or Normal.dot. I suspect you
intended to save them in your document template but didn't have the
"customization" context set correctly. When you create a macro, you have to
have "Macros in" set to your document template; similarly, the "Look in"
setting in the AutoText dialog must be set to your template. At this point,
however, you can move the AutoText entries and the macros from wherever they
are to your document template using the Organizer.

"GeorgeMar" wrote in message
I requested this information before and I want to thank Suzanne and

Charles
for their response.

I have manage to get the tick boxes to work within a Word document and not
as a form.

The problem is that I have to create a number of documents from a template
and distribute to users. When the file is open on a different computer I

have
problems using the check box.

Firstly, when the document is created, it does not have the macros

"CheckIt"
and "UncheckIt".

Secondly, I get the error message: Run Time error 5941: The requested

member
of the collection does not exist.

The question is how do I distribute the documents with the necessary

macros
and AutoText?

many thanks
George