Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Master Documents

I recommend Advanced Office Documents 2007 Edition. When she, Stephanie
Krieger, says advanced she means it. She only covers basic features when
they have changed or behave differently. Her descriptions of the new
features are thorough and clear. I learned a lot about some of the older
advanced features and how or why they work. I read the sections the new
document format and managing documents in xml, and will go back to them when
I need to learn more.

But I did not find master documents in the contents or the index.

PamC

grammatim wrote:
Curious observation: Word 2007 Step by Step, published by Microsoft,
does not even mention Master Documents!! (I don't know whether Word
2007 Inside Out, their more advanced manual, mentions them, it wasn't
at my Borders.) Whereas the books not published by Microsoft, such as
the Missing Manual, similar in size and scope to Step by Step, tell
you how they're supposed to work and warn you that they frequently
don't. Incredibly, Borders does not sell Using Word 2007!

Yeah, I have to switch. To Vista & 2007. Because of the Unicode thing.
So since MS doesn't squash a manual into that tiny marigold Office box
(all the different Suites and Upgrades look exactly alike!), I'm
trying to discover which is the best book to rely on. I'm leaning
toward Office 2007 Advanced Documents (or something like that), from
MS Press, which covers the non-basic aspects of Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and maybe some of the other components.