Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How to insert pdf attachment with word email merge?

You are not running the macro when a document created by executing the merge
that contains the message that is to be in the body of the emails to a new
document is the active document.

Please read the instructions again and follow them exactly.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Abdul" wrote in message
Hi

Your mail merge method works fine with attachemnt, but there is a problem
in
body of the message, when you sent to 5 email IDs, the first person only
get
the message in the body, but others can received only attachment without
text
in their body of the email, can you please tell me how to do it?

Abdul

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See response in your new thread.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LyndieBee" wrote in message
I'm using the MergeWithAttachments procedure and followed all the
steps.
think I'm ALMOST there but am having a problem. (Microsoft Outlook
11.0
Object Library IS marked.) I'm using Office 2003, I've made and saved
the
directory-type file with the email addresses and document name, I've
created
the letter-type merge with the appropriate info and fields. When I run
the
macro, however, things go on and on and on!!! The 3 address that I'm
expecting to see come by and I answer Yes to sending them (I'm doing
this
manually since there are only 3 in my test file.) But then it keeps
going
with Document 4, Document 5, Document 6, etc. I finally Ctrl+Break to
get
the process to stop and get a macro error message. When I choose
debug,
this
is the part of the macro that is pointed to:

End With
Set oItem = Nothing
ActiveDocument.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
Counter = Counter + 1
Wend

I copied and pasted from the article but have looked it over as well to
be
sure I picked up everything. Any ideas?
-Lyndie

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The procedure must be followed exactly for the process to be
successful
and
putting the code in a zip file would have no benefit.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Søren Dalhoff" wrote in
message
Looking at the past of how many times the same answer has been
provided
http://..../MergeWithAttachments.htm. Maybe a review of the page is
needed. A
solution could be to add a zip file containing the basic.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jim123" wrote in message
I trying attach a .pdf file with an email being mailed to a list.
For
the
life of me I can't find where to insert the attachment file to
the
merge
email doc file. Using office 2007. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks