Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
colblip colblip is offline

Default Merging pictures

Hello, Doug!

I mis-understood - thought you were pointing out you only used one \ for
ease of typing and I should use \\. I have corrected that and now when I
Alt-F9 I get a message in the code area "Error! File Name not specified".
I've checked the code more times than I care to admit. I've double checked I
have a picture "NoPictureAvailable.jpg" so I don't know what might be the
problem.

BTW, it has been too long since I worked in field codes. I recall there was
some way to copy or print out these lines of code so one could paste them as
text. What is it?

Sorry for all of my trouble. Thanks again for the help.

You wrote on Fri, 7 Aug 2009 06:39:43 +1000:

DRW Note that only a single \ is used as the path separator in the above.

DRW You still have \\ as the path separator.

DRW --
DRW Hope this helps.

DRW Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
DRW services on a paid consulting basis.

DRW Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
DRW "colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
DRW ...
?? Hello, Doug!
??
?? Doug,
??
?? Tried the code as follows per your suggestion but result was no
?? pictures in merged file. Here is my code to be sure I didn't miss
something:
??
?? { IF { INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
?? Pictures\\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG"} } { INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE
?? "O:\\Pictures\\2009
?? Original Church Pictures\\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG"} } {
?? INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
??
?? Pictures\\NoPictureAvailable.jpg" } } }
??
?? Anything obviously messed up that I've missed?
??
?? You wrote on Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:29:35 +1000:
??
DRW {IF {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "O:\Pictures\2009 Original Church
DRW Pictures\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG"}} {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE
DRW "O:\Pictures\2009 Original Church Pictures\{ Mergefield
DRW "Full_Name"}.JPG"}} {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "O:\Pictures\2009
DRW Original Church Pictures\NoPictureAvailable.jpg"}} }
??
DRW Note that only a single \ is used as the path separator in the above
DRW construction.
DRW --
DRW Hope this helps.
??
DRW Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
DRW my services on a paid consulting basis.
??
DRW Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
DRW "colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
DRW ...
?? Hello, All!
?? I have a directory I print for the church. In it I have insert a
?? picture of the family with the code {INCLUDEPICTURE
?? "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church Pictures\\{ Mergefield
?? "Full_Name"}.JPG" }. I would like to insert a standard
?? NoPictureAvailable.jpg file if there is no picture for the family in
?? question. Is there a way to do this?
??
?? Thanks,
??
?? Colonel Blip
?? E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com
??
?? With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com
??

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com