Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default I am having difficulty with deleting headers and footers

I'm puzzled by what you mean by "surrounded it with Header-Footer commands."
There are no such "commands" or codes in Word. Perhaps you managed to paste
the text into a header or footer in Word? If so, it would be repeated on
every page.

In general, if you open a WordPerfect document in Word (a better approach
than pasting from WP into Word), you will find many added section breaks
(sometimes as many as one per page), which will result in multiple headers
and footers (if they are unlinked). You can remove the section breaks
manually or by using Find and Replace to search for ^b and replace with
nothing.

"LHD" wrote in message
I routinely used WordPerfect before I retired, and have not had occasion

write long documents since then. We have a relatively new Dell Dimension
that came with Microsoft Word. I was asked to write about a 50 page
document, which I started in Word Perfect, before I found that it was

never
saved in the correct format, due to some inexplicable interference with

Word.
So I copied to Word, to complete the document. However, in restoring a
deleted passage, Word duplicated about 5 times inserting it randomly in

the
body of my document and surrounded it with Header-Footer commands. How do

get rid of this? I have read the manual and Word for Dummies.and cannot
find any explanation? Makes me almost wish I weren't retired so I could

call
tech support and not have to deal with it..