Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default password a folder??

Thanks. I'll check in another newsgroup.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You need to check with a Windows forum to see if there are any shortcuts,
but granting permissions is the way forwards.

BK wrote:
Thanks, Graham. I must have been remembering incorrectly.

This issue involves a classroom setting where all students (on the
network) have permission to access the data drive. I thought I could
have each student's data folder password protected so that students
couldn't open each other's folders and "borrow" completed assignments.

You wouldn't have a quick and easy solution, would you? The only
thing I can think of now is to grant permissions student by student
to only their folder. Too bad there are lots of students and going
through them one at a time would be a lot of work.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You were never able to password protect folders from Word!
You can arrange permissions through the operating system

BK wrote:
Using Windows XP Pro and Office 2003.

I thought I used to be able to password protect a folder, but I can
only seem to require a password on individual files. Am I missing a
way to require a password to open a folder??