Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Saving Adobe .pdf file problem

It's likely not an issue of protection but of the way the PDF was created.
Many scanners claim they can scan to PDF, but the PDF files they create are
just images, one for each page.

"sf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Boy, that's sure not playing fair if the .pdf text is really an image!
Somebody *really* wanted to protect that doc.

Scanning an Adobe ng for information (I have lots of newbie type Adobe
questions at this point), I found a pointer to this program: PDF2Word
(pdf to word) http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2word/index.html Export text,
images and other contents from PDF document into word document. Sounds
like that's what he needs.

Graham Mayor wrote:
Not necessarily - if the PDF was created from graphics files with the
appearance of text then you will need OCR to convert the content to

text.