Dawn

When you are in Word, right click on the date filed and select edit field.
Click on Field codes, and where you MERGEFIELD Date(or whatever you named the
field) type
\@ dd/MM/yyyy

You need to use capital "M", this way Word knows you mean months instead of
minutes.

Hope this helps.

"Curious of Barnet" wrote:

I have an Access Database which contains a date field, formatted as a UK
date, i.e. dd/mm/yy hh:mm. When I use the Word mailmerge facility to pull in
information about an overdue book loan the date is read by word as being in
US format, i.e. mm/dd/yy hh:mm, so that 5th November 2003 is printed in the
mailmerge as 11th May 2003. How do I make Mailmerge read the date correctly?