Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2007 is unacceptable and must be changed

Agreed. This wouldn't be difficult with say, a customizable task pane. They
can be docked, floated, resized, etc. Floating toolbars are the biggest
thing I miss the most and have not found a suitable alternative.

I believe MS has "heard" this request loud and clear and I would be very
disappointed if this capability were not included in the next version.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Make it possible to put the QAT vertically and add another one and I will
be happy. With 16:9 monitors, that would make far better use of the
available real estate than having it across the top of the screen.