Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Cannot open floopy disk in Word

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Can you open the documents via the Open dialog box (File | Open)?

No, that failed, although some jumbled text was revealed. However, I
have been able to recover the lost data from 'bits and pieces'. I have
fully formatted the disk and it is working now that I am following the
correct procedures as advised by the forum. I also have back-up
engaged.

Would you answer this question for me as it will help my learning curve.
I now know (and am following religiously) that I must not save a Word
document directly to a floppy and that if I use a floppy I must copy a
file to it from where it is saved on the hard drive. If I do the
latter, why is it now safe to open the file from the floppy, directly?

Also, I did my Word studies some eight years ago and I cannot recall
being given any anti corruption advice about floppy disks, although I
did obtain City & Guilds in Word level 1 and 2, so that prompts me to
ask, in the nicest possible way, if there has been a big learning curve
re Word in the meantime.

Thanks a lot
Emrys Davies.