Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Biocellguy Biocellguy is offline

Default Table of Tables to display part of "title"

How do I do that without moving the "a) Example 1, b) Example 2 and
c) Example 3." to a seperate line?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8. Paragraph
marks will show as ¶ symbols.

For each table caption, split the paragraph at the appropriate location
(where the corresponding table of tables entry should "stop").

Format the paragraph mark as hidden so that the paragraphs will print as if
they were just one paragraph.

For example:

Table 1: The values for a grouped comparison ¶ --- Format ¶ as hidden
a) Example 1, b) Example 2 and c) Example 3.

Update the table of tables with F9.

Note that if your table of tables was created via paragraph styles (as
opposed to caption labels), you will have to apply a different paragraph
style to each of the new paragraphs created as you split the captions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Biocellguy" wrote in message
How do I make my Table of Tables (TOT) not put the whole caption because
some
of it is the description?

For example-
The "title" of a table is the following:
"Table 1: The values for a grouped comparison a) Example 1, b) Example 2
and
c) Example 3."

I want the TOT to say"
"1: The values for a grouped comparison"

But in actuality the TOT says: