Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RPMitchal RPMitchal is offline

Default Open and Repair Issue

Hello Stefan.

Yes, I have restarted Windows many times since discovering that I have have
no down arrow next to the *open* button and that doesn't seem to be the
issue.

What further confounds me is that I have Word 2003 additionally running on
my at-home computer and the *open* button there does have the down arrow,
Leading to the applicable *open and repair* feature.

I was thinking that it must be a set-up matter since the arrow remains
non-existent on the computer that I use at the office.

Nonetheless, thanks so much for your reply. Perhaps someone else within the
"forum" has experienced a similar situation and can shed some light in this
regard.

Rod

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I've never seen this error. Have you tried restarting Windows?

Also, you may want to take a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RPMitchal" wrote:

Word 2003

I apparently have a document that has a corrupted table within and I receive
a prompt suggesting that I use the *open and repair* option. However, in
following the instructions presented, I find that I have no *down arrow*
beside the *open* box within the open file dialog menu.

Is there something within Word or its options that I need to either change
or set-up in order to have the down arrow and the applicable features
attached to the *open* button?

Thanks in advance - Rod