Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Open and Repair Issue

If it's not there at all, then that is definitely a different issue, and I
would not be all surprised to learn that the work version is Word 2002.

"RPMitchal" wrote in message
Hello Suzanne:

I will be checking the version of Word that is on the computer that I use

at
the office. I could have sworn that it was 2003, but I've been incorrect
before. Additionally, the arrow beside the *open* button on the computer

at
the office is not dimmed - it is non-existent.

Please keep me posted on anything further you might discover in this

regard
and I will be sure to respond concerning the version of Word resident on

the
office computer.

As always, thanks so very much for all that you do.

Rod

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Since I believe Open and Repair was introduced in Word 2003 and since

Word
2002 and Word 2003 look so very similar, it would be easy to think that
might be the reason. But I think you said that Open and Repair was there

but
dimmed, so that wouldn't actually be a viable explanation, I guess.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"RPMitchal" wrote in message
You know what, Suzanne? I hadn't even considered investigating the

version
at the office. However, based upon your suggestion, I will do that

first
thing Monday morning.

As always, thanks so very much.

Rod

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure that what you're using at work is Word 2003? What

version
is
given if you use Help | About Microsoft Word?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"RPMitchal" wrote in message
Hello Stefan.

Yes, I have restarted Windows many times since discovering that I

have
have
no down arrow next to the *open* button and that doesn't seem to

be
the
issue.

What further confounds me is that I have Word 2003 additionally

running on
my at-home computer and the *open* button there does have the down

arrow,
Leading to the applicable *open and repair* feature.

I was thinking that it must be a set-up matter since the arrow

remains
non-existent on the computer that I use at the office.

Nonetheless, thanks so much for your reply. Perhaps someone else

within
the
"forum" has experienced a similar situation and can shed some

light in
this
regard.

Rod

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I've never seen this error. Have you tried restarting Windows?

Also, you may want to take a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RPMitchal" wrote:

Word 2003

I apparently have a document that has a corrupted table within

and
receive
a prompt suggesting that I use the *open and repair* option.

However,
in
following the instructions presented, I find that I have no

*down
arrow*
beside the *open* box within the open file dialog menu.

Is there something within Word or its options that I need to

either
change
or set-up in order to have the down arrow and the applicable

features
attached to the *open* button?

Thanks in advance - Rod