"Table of Contents" should not be included at all. Make sure that that
heading is in a style that is not included in the TOC (I usually define a
new style, based on Heading 1, called TOC Head). As for "Introduction," if
there is a manual page break immediately before the heading, which inherits
the Heading 1 style, you would get a blank entry before "Introduction," but
I wouldn't expect to get it repeated unless there is a TC field in the
heading.

"Lynn" wrote in message
Whenever I update the TOC in a particular document, it enters the "Table

of
Contents" and "Introduction" headers twice. I end up manually deleting

the
duplicates. I noticed that it doesn't happen in another document, so I

tend
to think that it has to do with the original setup of the TOC (I did not
create the original document).

Any suggestions?