Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Task pane

I may well have moved mine at some point, but I don't think so. Even though
you're seeing the installer files in Program Files, you might still have the
..dot file in Word Startup. You could certainly delete the whole shooting
match from Program Files, but if everything is working to your satisfaction,
then there is no need to pursue it further.

http://word.mvps.org

"Zach" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Reinstalling does not change the Registry, but it should also not have
uninstalled the add-in. If the add-in is actually in the Office Startup
folder (path given by Terry), then you won't find it in the Word Startup
folder. The path given for it in Tools | Templates and Add-ins on my
machine, however, is
C:\...\microsoft\word\startup\TaskPaneController.d ot. You should
certainly be able to use Windows Search to search for
TaskPaneController.dot.

This is where it is:

Program Files\Task Pane Controller Files\TaskPaneController.dot

(1.) I have done a system restore.

(2.) I have reinstalled Word. The message hss gone, the function (Task
Pane Controller) remains.

(3.) The dot file is still in place.

Zach.