Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jo Norwich Jo Norwich is offline

Default How do I hide the comment reference? (not the comment itself)

Thanks Robert
Endnotes have a similar problem in that they insert the endnote reference
into the text. I want the tip to appear without any changes to the flow of
the text, then students who don't want to see the extra detail can read on
without the interferrence of references. Any other ideas?
Jo

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Jo

Jo Norwich wrote:
I work at a College and I use comments in my handouts for my students. They
can get my explanation of a term used in the document by hovering the pointer
over the word they don't understand. When I enter a comment I get a
reference next to it like this [JS1]. I don't want that reference appearing
in the text, just the shaded word so that they know they can get an
explanation.

Maybe Endnotes would be an alternative feature?

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS