Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kirk kirk is offline

Default spell check not 100%

I finally got it. It requires an additional click, on the "English/US" bar
in the text-box. I think I had to click on it after "default," but before
"okay," but I'm a little afraid of trying to replicate the exact sequence.

I'll go ahead and click "post was helpful," as someone can probably figure
this out if they read the whole thread. Thanks.

-- Kirk
blah

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Open the document where this problem occurs, press Ctrl+A to select all
of the text, click on Tools | Language | Set Language | choose your
language | uncheck the "Detect language automatically" and "Do not
check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default | OK. Then press F7 to rerun
spelling and grammar checks, and save the document.

Word will not automatically spellcheck text that is in a protected form,
so that could be the "certain parts" problem.

kirk wrote:

In certain parts of my document, misspelled words are never caught. If I cut
and paste those words to other parts of the same document, they are. I have
spent hours looking through the help files ("exceptions" "languages", etc) to
correct this, with no luck.

-- Kirk
blah