Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew V Andrew V is offline

Default How to globally disable "{TIME \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"}"

Maybe you could add some code to the AutoOpen macro, checking for the
specified field, and if it exists, change it to regular text. I imagine that
AutoOpen code runs before document fields are updated.

Andrew

"keyser318" wrote:

We produce office documents that have the {TIME \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"} function
in a field. It was used on a template that is now included in many
documents. The problem is that when you later go to access the record or
document, the current date shows up as opposed to when the document was
created or last saved. Is there any way to prevent this feature from
updating to the current date without asking or at all?
Of course, I would like a way to do this without having go and open each
individual file and make a change in each one. I was hoping to be able to
accomplish this globally.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Keyser318