Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default COMPLETELY protecting a Word document

No. Once you give it to them, you have lost control of it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Glenn370" wrote in message
Is it possible to completely protect a Word document? I have a document
that
I need to send to someone and I would like to make it so they are only
able
to read it. No printing, no cutting of info to paste in thier document,
etc.
etc. Is this even possible? I have protected it from the Tools menu but
that only keeps track of what changes were made. I have also made it a
read-only option from the Security menu but that still allows for Cut and
Paste.
Thanks for your help.
I have Word 2002