Roger Over Roger Over is offline
Junior Member

I've seen this behaviour on many documents in the past. In Word 2010 the problem persists:

1. Select all text in the document using Ctrl-a
2. Review - Language - Set proofing language
3. Uncheck the "Do not check spelling or grammar" check box
4. Press OK.
5. Repeat steps 1-2 and observe that the check box is still gray.

Does anyone have a foolproof solution to this issue? I still don't know if any of the document is disabled for spell checking -- I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
A grey check means that the selected text has mixed formatting. Are you sure
you're selecting all the text in the document before clearing the check box?